Collected Works Bookstore (202 Galisteo St. in Santa Fe, NM)
March 6, Sunday, 11 am
Ona Porter, Director of Prosperity Works, On New Mexico, The Family State:
A Vision and A Demonstrated Plan for Families, Children and Communities to Thrive
Host: Alan Webber
Prosperity Works is an intermediary organization that partners with local organizations in New Mexico. It teaches them how to develop and offers effective strategies to help hard working families move into the middle class.
Prosperity Works’ mission is to build the capacities of families, organizations and communities to advocate for policies that generate economic prosperity for all New Mexicans. What it does is:
* Train organizations to develop effective IDA programs to local community residents
* Raise and provide the money needed to match the savings of each IDA participant (account holder)
* Advocate for policies in New Mexico that support savings among moderate-income households
* Advocate with local banks and credit unions to allow local residents to open their IDA account through their local bank
* Provide financial literacy coaching to local residents participating in an IDA program, and trains staff of local organizations in coaching techniques
* Conduct research and evaluation to assess impact and return on investment of IDAs in New Mexico.
Visit our website: www.JourneySantaFe.com