Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Cruces
**Traducción al español disponible**
Are you wondering how things work at the Roundhouse? Are you concerned about legislation that could harm New Mexicans and want to encourage forward-looking policy? Are you looking for a way to help? Learn how the Legislature works, what elected officials are thinking, the importance of their staff, and how to communicate your message effectively. Local elected officials will be there offer insights on how to be an effective citizen lobbyist. In the first part of the training you’ll learn the concepts behind lobbying. In the second half you’ll have the opportunity to hear about specific legislation to support or oppose in this upcoming session and about what you can do to help. We’ll highlight priority bills focuses on energy, water, wildlands and wildlife.
- Las Cruces, Wednesday, January 4th, 6-8pm at SWEC, 275 Downtown Mall, Las Cruces, NM 88001. Join and share on Facebook.
- Albuquerque,Wednesday, January 11th, 6-8pm at St Mark’s Episcopal Church, 431 Richmond Pl NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106. Join and share on Facebook.
- Santa Fe, Thursday, January 19th, 5-7 Christus St Vincent auditorium, 455 St Michaels Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87505. Join and share on Facebook.
Please RSVP to Diane Reese DianeAbqNM@gmail.com with the following:
– Date/location of training you want to attend
– Organization (if applicable)
– Favor indicar si le gustaría recibir traducción del ingles al español
Sponsors: Sierra Club Río Grande Chapter, Conservation Voters New Mexico, Environment New Mexico
- Also please join us at the Roundhouse for
- Lands, Water and Wildlife Day – Feb 8th – 9am – 3pm
- Renewable Energy Day – March 3rd – times TBA
On these days you’ll learn about these issues from informational tables, hear from speakers and legislators, more lobby training, and an opportunity to speak to your elected officials.